Implementation of met mast (Meteorological Measurement) by Foolad Technic International Engineering Company (FIECO)
FIECO decided to enter the wind energy markets by economic and energy market studies and start identifying the strategic points of the region.
Foolad technic was allowed to study feasibility of constructing a wind power plant with capacity of 50 MW and a 10 MW solar power plant in Esfahan province, based on permit of Renewable Energy Organization of Iran. In the first phase, construction of 25 MW wind power plant was included in the agenda. After 1 years of getting through costly administrative stages and obtaining the required permits from different organizations Fooladtechnic successfully managed to attain the construction license for 25 MW wind power plant in South of Esfahan province region.
Afterwards, it decided to establish a meteorological measurement station on local area.
The specification of implemented met mast is as follows:
Main Technical Specifications:
Lattice tower G65
Height: 100 meter (33pcs 3 meter)
WIND TRANSMITTER FIRST CLASS ADVANC # 5
WIND DIRECTION SENSOR FIRST CLASS # 3
HYGRO-THERMO TRANSMITTER # 1
BAROMETRIC PRESSURE TRANSMITTER MODUL # 1
DATALOGGER DL16 PRO # 1
Power supply: Solar system
- Identification of wind areas based on meteorological atlas
- Studies on amount of rainfall, relative humidity, soil examination, installation location, ROI (Return of investment) based on local electricity purchase rates, etc.
The nearest meteorological station to the site were synoptic station of Meteorology Organization in Shahreza city which were approximately 10 km to north of the site. Altitude of Shahreza synoptic station above sea level was 1850 m and its geographical coordinates were 51˚48΄ north and 31˚59΄ east. Using the long-term information, average annual temperature of 15.7˚C, minimum record of +2.8, maximum temperature of +28.6˚C and average relative humidity of 37% were extracted.
Annual rainfall rate in Shahreza varied between 52.8 mm in 2008 and 236.5 in 2004 and the average rate of 13 years from 1993 to 2005 was 145.4 mm.
The number of snowy and sleety days varied from 4 to 10 days, the number of days with thunder and lightning was between 4 and 10 days per year and the number of dusty days was between 3 and 10 days per year during different years in Shahreza Station. It has an average of 3357.5 hours of sunshine each years.
- Prepare the selected point for mounting the met mast
- Preliminary design of met mast
- Identification of meteorological sensors to be installed on the met mast
Supply of equipment:
- Buy meteorological sensors
- Inspection of manufacturing process and assembly of met
- Concrete and foundation installation of met mast
- Installation and errection of met mast
- Perform tests and initial setup of sensors and data logger in the laboratory environment
- Installation of meteorological sensor on met mast
- Monitoring and recording of data at operator station